Welcome Home to Union Grove
Welcome to the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Union Grove, your cozy country home, conveniently located just a short drive from downtown Milwaukee. We provide professional skilled nursing care including skilled nursing care, long-term care and protective memory care.
Enjoy modern and affordable residences, a variety of social opportunities, and comprehensive, skilled nursing services on our conveniently located campus in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Contact Information
This calendar of diverse programming strives to assist Members in maintaining their optimum independence.
- Long Term Skilled Nursing Care
- Short Term Rehabilitative Care – Physical, Speech, and Occupational Therapy Services
- Respite Stays
- Memory-Care Unit
- Music Therapy
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Mental Health Nurse Practitioners for Members who require additional mental health services
- Wound care Certified Nurses
- Respiratory Therapy
- Dental Services Radiology, Ophthalmology, and Laboratory Services
Admissions Eligibility for our Home
Since July 1, 2013, the requirement to be a Wisconsin resident at the time of application to one of our Wisconsin State Veterans Homes has been eliminated. Out-of-state applicants are now welcome! The following “General and Subcategory Priorities” will be used when processing applications for admission.
General Priorities for Admissions:
- First Priority: Veterans*
- Second Priority: Spouses of veterans
- Third Priority: Spouses of deceased veterans
- Fourth Priority: Parents of veterans who were killed while on active duty
“Within” each of the above general priorities these sub-category priorities will be applied when processing applications for admission:
- Provide first priority to eligible applicants who have resided in the state of Wisconsin for more than six continuous months prior to the date of application for membership;
- Provide second priority to eligible applicants who are residents on the date of application and who have been residing continuously in the state of Wisconsin for a period of six months or less immediately preceding the date of application for membership; and
- Provide third priority to eligible applicants who reside out-of-state on the date of application for membership.
* For the purposes of admissions eligibility, a “veteran” is defined as:
- A person who has served on active duty during peacetime for two or more years or the full period of their initial obligation. OR;
- A person who served on active duty for at least 90 days, one day of which must have been during a wartime period. AND:
- A person who served and was discharged from the armed forces under honorable conditions.
- Spouses of veterans and parents of veterans who were killed while on active duty are also eligible to apply.
There are countless ways to enjoy time with a veteran! As a volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in or even lead member activities, social events, and recreational events on and off campus.
Donations – We Appreciate You!
Your generously donated goods*, services, or money, contributions by family members, friends, and the community help our Wisconsin Veterans Homes provide a comfortable, homey atmosphere to our members.
*Please note that we cannot accept any used clothing or footwear.